Monday, June 23, 2008

Novel Review: A brother's Journey







Before two days after launch, I was looking at my sister's shelve...I don't know what I was doing there in her room but I usually go there "Although she is not around"...I took many times novels from her shelves but I usually tend not to finish them because I get bored with them quickly..


But this novel attracted me.. Called "A brother's Journey" by Richards Pelzer.. It's a real story of Richard how he used to treat and lie about his brother Dave, so his mom turns into monster and start abusing Dave... But since the social services took Dave away, the tables turned now to Richards himself to be the victim of his mothers rage...


Honestly, this story made the tears fall from my eyes... I never knew that in this world those mothers can be monsters... When you read the novel, you can't believe what you read but it's all true... The writer tells the story in away it makes want to continue reading non-stop... Although the writer is talkative sometimes but he doesn't repeat a lot... The story flows in a very good timeline... I couldn't leave the book until I finished reading it the same day...


Yesterday, I picked another book from my sister's shelve called the Kid


I just read 1/2 of the book yesterday and I'm intending to finish it today if possible... The kid is similar to a brother's journey in terms of the pain and suffer that both writers suffered from their mothers but different themes and backgrounds...
To me I wished if I read the kid first, because a brother's journey is much better in terms of language and content...

Anyhow both are good and I hope you will all like it...

No comments: