Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fire in my brother's house

Hello..Yesterday, Tue, 10th of June, 2008 was a day that I will never forget...I went in the morning with my mom to renew my civilization ID card... and then we went to visit one of our relatives.. After that, we directly came back home.. I went to put the keys of the car to where we used to hang.. And suddenly, I heard the panic of my mom...I went to look what's going on and all what I was hearing that there was a fire in my brother's house... Luckily, my father and my brother built together in the same plot or otherwise demanding on housemaid could be disastrous...
I went there and there was a smoke in the ground floor.. I went on m and the housemaid opening as much as possible windows on the ground and first floor and turning off electricity of each floor while going up.. The fire was on the second floor (penthouse).. The pent house had two rooms with a small sitting area in the middle.. one was for the house maid and the other my brother wanted to turn it into an office but it was actually at the mean time a store... My father hurried up to call the firefighters and there was no way to go the penthouse without cylinders of oxygen...
Most of us thought that the fire started with the iron as we thought one of my nephews played with it and burn out and kept quite...
The problem we couldn't open any window in the penthouse but that might make the situation worse as the fire will get more oxygen and lights up more...when the fire was stopped, we went to see what and where the fire started, we found that the iron was in the sitting area and he fire was in my brother's office...We checked every electricity sockets and found that no way that the fire started with electricity shots...All what we were able to find that the fire started in the middle of the room where there was a box where my brother used to leave his wire and another one where my nephews put their toys...
Luckily all our floors has tiles and no carpets and we never used an oily wall paint and that room has no electrical devices (split unit AC, or Fan...etc) only electrical lamps... The window is double glazed with 50cm thick for each but it blow out...

These are the pictures:













No comments: